With Easter approaching, it is a wonderful time to reconnect with loved ones and self-care after the year that was.
Some of our dedicated therapists spent time with Debbie Dickson the Founder – Regul8™ and Australia & New Zealand distributor for DMK.
It was such a fabulous education for the team to be inspired to learn, grow, and empower our clients, as well as themselves with the benefits of Digestive Tune up.
Key learnings from the day were that if the garden (your gastrointestinal system) becomes overgrown with weeds, snails and other non-beneficial bugs (bad bacteria) – it will not matter what seeds, flowers, or veggies, are planted (pro-biotic), they simply will not grow, as the weeds (bad bacteria) rob them of the nutrients essential to their survival.
Regul8™ is a three-step program to weed, feed and seed your digestive system.
This is the perfect time to explore this brilliant three-step process after your indulgent Easter break. The benefits of gut support which acts as the ‘second brain’ helps support skin, brain function, mood patterns, weight maintenance and healthy sleep.
The power of gut support is that it’s claimed that up to 70% of our immune system is produced in the gut. The digestive system is where vitamins, nutrients and minerals are absorbed. Factors such as stress, lack of sleep, common medications, illness, ageing, alcohol and poor diet choices can often lead to an imbalance of the bacteria in your digestive tract. Stress may also negatively affect your digestive function. When stressed, the blood supply to the digestive system is decreased, cortisol levels increase firing the adrenal glands and the constant fight or flight hit of adrenalin ages us terribly causing inflammation and distortion of your hormones – more about stress in an upcoming newsletter.
The power of working internally and externally to support both gut and skin is a powerful weapon against aging and skin texture, skin tone and overall glow to the skin.
Below is how the three-step process: CLEANSE, RESTORE AND MAINTAIN works.
“All health begins in the gut”- Hippocrates
Built upon a philosophy of cleanse, restore and maintain the Digestive Tune-Up* is a three-step process that cleanses, soothes, and repairs the gastrointestinal system: removing unwanted and unhealthy organisms, calming existing irritations and aiding in sustainable long-term digestive health.
Step 1: Cleanse
- Black Walnut is used to aid intestinal cleansing
- Chinese Wormwood to manage digestive disturbances
- Gentian to increase digestive juices
- Pau D’Arco to relieve digestive upset and disturbances
Step 2: Restore
- Licorice is used as a tonic to strengthen and soothe the mucous tissue of the gastrointestinal tract
- Slipper Elm for the relief of symptoms associated with mild gastrointestinal discomfort
- Coenzyme Q10 to assist with maintenance of the body’s energy production
- Zinc to assist with cell membrane stability and antioxidant properties
Step 3: Maintain
- Utilises unique microencapsulation technology to protect and deliver 100% alive probiotic cultures to the lower digestive tract
- Restores and rebalances healthy micro-flora in the digestive system
- Promotes the activity and growth of probiotics in the intestines through the inclusion of FOS (a prebiotic)
For the correct dosages and personalised prescription, one of our practitioners will conduct a full assessment of your current gut and skin health to determine the appropriate course of action.
Tip of the month:
Mini detox for your liver after the Easter festivities – One glass of warm water with four teaspoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice first thing in the morning before taking anything else. This assists in alkalizing your gut and cleansing the liver.